• Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

• Not Just a Local Restaurant, Its a Place to Make Memories

Not Just a Local Restaurant, It’s a Place to Make Memories

• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

Meet Andale’s New Assistant Cheer Coach

Jenna Prosser takes on being Andale’s new cheer coach!

During the 2023 season Andale’s Cheer team took on a new assistant coach, Jenna Prosser. I asked Jenna a few questions about becoming the assistant coach and what that ultimately means to her, this is what she had to say. To start off Jenna said that Katelyn, Andale’s head cheer coach, approached her about becoming the assistant coach and Jenna accepted the new role with open arms. As a former Andale and Wichita State cheerleader she has always had a love and passion for the sport.

On top of Jenna becoming a first time coach she’s taking on the role alone, Andale’s head cheer coach, Katelyn P., recently had her first baby so she has spent the first couple months of the season on maternity leave. Jenna says coaching on her own has been amazing, her cheerleaders work super hard which makes her job that much more enjoyable and easy to manage.

Jenna is new to becoming an independent coach, but still has lots of experience in the cheer world. I asked her if there were any big changes she wanted to see happen as we make our way towards the end of the football season. Jenna said she wants the cheerleaders to feel more involved, whether that be running into the stands and throwing shirts to the fans or coming up with new ideas for new stunts. Jenna ultimately wants her cheerleaders to feel like they truly have a place at each and every game.

An exciting thing for the cheerleaders is that Jenna is a former Andale Cheerleader herself and knows her way around the Andale Cheer program so she can teach her cheerleaders the ins and outs of Andale cheerleading. Jenna feels that she has an advantage in coaching, she has been taking what she knows about the cheers, stunts, and band chants to improve her team.

Jenna says the best part of this entire experience is being able to see all of her cheerleaders grow and improve. She loves being able to develop personal relationships with each person on the team and enjoys seeing each cheerleader’s personality shine. Basketball season is just around the corner and she’s looking forward to continuing to see her team grow. The cheerleaders work hard and she feels like their dedication is shown during practices and games.

Thanks Coach Jenna for all you do for Andale Cheer!