• Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

• Hutchinson Invitational Recap

Hutchinson Invitational Recap

• Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

Summer Activities

Do you have trouble picking stuff to do in the summer?

Looking for something fun to do with your friends this summer? Well here are five different options. They all range in price from FREE to $35.

#1 Starlight Drive InStarlite Drive-In | Travel South Dakota

Drive-ins are a good way to get out of the house, but still kick back and relax. There are many drive-in’s all throughout Kansas but Starlight Drive-In is the only one in the Wichita area. They are open 7 days a week during the summer and open on the weekends in spring and fall.  Twelve and older is $9 per ticket, three to eleven is $5, two years and younger are free. The concessions offer hot dogs, corn dogs, fries, popcorn, nachos, pretzels, candy, funnel cakes, cotton candy, and frozen treats. They also have a Pepsi fountain drink machine, Bottled Gatorade and water, you could also get a caffeine boost with a Red Bull, or regular brewed coffee.

#2 Rock River Rapids – Derby, KS

Rock River Rapids is located in Derby, KS. In my opinion they are one of the best water parks in 

Rock River Rapidsthe Wichita area. They have a wide variety of slides and diving boards and just regular swimming pools. They also have a lazy river to kick back and relax, but still stay cool in the water. Not only do they have these features but their prices are fairly reasonable. Ages 3-17 get in for only $9, ages 18+ is $10 and 60+ is $9 and a season pass is between $37.50 – $75. They have all the classic items at their concession stand, but also have cheeseburgers, chicken strips and other meal deals and lots of ice cream.

#3 Urban Air Adventure Park – Wichita, KS                            Urban Air Trampoline & Adventure Park

Urban Air Adventure Park is a great thing to do with your friends in the summer when it is too hot outside to do anything else. Urban Air Adventure Park is located in Wichita, KS. Urban Air recently renovated their space and now has a drop zone, wipe out, sky rider, ropes course, climbing walls, battle beam, warrior course, runway (tumble track), apex trampoline, dodge ball, and a slam dunk zone. Tickets start at $12.99 for 5 years and younger, $22.99 for the deluxe ticket, $27.99 for an ultimate ticket.

#4 Splash ICTHome - Splash Aqua Park ICT

Splash ICT is a good way to cool down in the scorching heat of summer. This fun attraction is a cheap and super fun alternative to a hose in the backyard. Splash ICT is located at 860 W Steeple Bay Pkwy, Wichita, KS 67217. Prices include 5 hour pass= $60, 1 hour pass = $18, 2 hour pass = $30. The inflatable water park is located on top of a massive pond and has barriers so no kid can swim out. The pieces rise to massive heights while still being deep enough to be safe. There are also even things for toddlers to join the fun.

#5 Worlds of FunCORONAVIRUS: Worlds of Fun, Oceans of Fun announce updated COVID-19 protocols before parks open

Worlds of Fun is a little bit farther away, but still close enough to make a weekend trip out of it. This exciting experience is full of roller coasters, delicious food, and plenty of more crazy rides for you to enjoy. The location of the amusement park 4545 Worlds of Fun Ave, Kansas City, MO. Some of the main attractions include Oceans of Fun which is only open during the summer season, the Mamba that goes up and down and all around and reaches a top peak of 205 feet in the air! You can even get an unlimited pass for the whole of 2024 for only $110! There are many more attractions and activities including holiday events and more. This is the perfect way to spend the summer in my opinion. 2024 gold pass includes unlimited visits and unlimited Halloween event visits = $110, silver pass unlimited visits = $89