• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

From Classroom to Healthcare

The Many Jobs of Ms. Yost

Let me introduce you to Sallye Yost, a science teacher, lab technician, and most importantly a mother. Isn’t that impressive? She brings her real life experiences into the classroom, which makes learning even more interesting. She is very good at balancing her roles and is always there to help us understand in a fun and engaging way. Her commitment to both her professional and personal roles makes her an exceptional role model and educator.

How does she have time for all of these responsibilities? Yost answered by saying, “I manage as best as I can. At Labcorp, because I work in Micro and not many people are trained in Micro they are really needing people to work.” She handles many different responsibilities throughout her jobs. She has to help other coworkers in her lab due to her being more experienced than the others.

A typical day while working? Yost replied, “On Friday I actually worked everywhere. A typical day is me getting up late at 6:50am and getting my kids out of the house in the next 15 minutes. Going to QuikTrip because I have a QuikTrip addiction. Then I get to the school and doing everything I need to do for school. Then I leave at 3:30pm and then pick up my kids, get pizza, and drop them off at my nephews. On this particular day I ended up going to Labcorp, first filling in for someone else. I helped another woman stick a guy with a needle because she had problems doing it. Went back and ran covid, flu, and streps for 3 hours. Then I crossed the street to Wesley and worked there until midnight. Worked with miscellaneous specimens and tubes that needed to come off blood cultures. Working alone is difficult because you can’t get help and there are multiple things to get done.”

How does she handle stress? Yost said, “I don’t really get that stressed out what happens, happens and I just deal with it. I may look calm on the outside but sometimes I’m like ahhhhhhh!! But generally, I sleep really good at night and I listen to podcasts. I also sing songs and dance with my kids. One way I deal with stress is organizing and cleaning and of course walks.”

In conclusion, Yost multifaceted life as a teacher, lab technician, and a mother expresses the dedication and perseverance that inspires us all. Her ability to balance a demanding career in the laboratory with the responsibilities of motherhood demonstrates her strength and both professional and personal aspects. Serves as a shining example of hard work and passion. As her students we are grateful for the valuable lessons she teaches, both in and out of the classroom.