• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

Dalton Brasser’s Air Travels

Find out what former AHS student Dalton Brasser is currently doing!

Dalton Brasser’s career for the last five years has been in aviation, specifically as a pilot. Brasser has spend the first three years training, the next two years in flight instructing to build hours, and has spent the last six months as an airline pilot for Republic Airways. I asked Dalton how Renwick education helped with his career, and he said “I would emphasize that the Renwick school district puts on exploring your career options had the biggest impact on me. I was able to narrow down my career choices before I went to college”.

Brasser feels that even with the things in his career that didn’t go as planned still taught him valuable lessons, so he wouldn’t go back and change anything. His current goal is to upgrade to Captain at Republic Airways, but he still has a lot to learn before he is ready for that. Brasser is currently trying to enjoy where he’s at now and continuing to learn each and everyday. Eventually Brasser would like to fly internationally with United/American Airlines.

Brasser’s schedule has him away from home for 20+ days of the month, so it has been very difficult for Dalton to stay active in the Andale community. When Brasser is home he tries to prioritize spending time with his family and getting some much needed rest. While Brasser doesn’t remember much about classes or even sports, he does remember the memories he made with his friends inside and outside of school.

Five years ago Brasser got sent out on this aviation journey to eventually become an airline pilot. Brasser never put a specific timeline on reaching this goal but at 22 years old he has accomplished it and more! It was a long and sometimes painful journey but Brasser said it was worth it in the end.

The biggest advice Dalton would give high schoolers is to live in the present, its okay to look ahead and make some plans and have some goals, but don’t get so focused on your next goal that you forget to celebrate how far you’ve come. Life is hard, don’t make it any harder on yourself and let yourself celebrate the small things.

We’re proud of you Dalton and all that you have become in the aviation industry. We wish you continued success!