Count Down to Graduation

Graduation can be an emotional time for everyone that includes staff, students, and parents. It is the time that the seniors of the year get to walk across the stage and move onto the next adventure. Graduation can be different for everyone, so let’s see what some of the students and staff at Andale High School think about the class of 2024’s graduation. 

Mayce Cashman – Class President:

Graduating high school is something that most of us have been looking forward to for the past four years and the senioritis is really starting to kick in.  We’ve come a long way since Kindergarten, and everyone is starting their career paths and finding their own direction in life. I think we’re all excited to move on to the next portion of our lives, but the memories we made in high school are something we can look back on forever. Graduation will be one last chance for all our friends and family to get together to celebrate our accomplishments as we move forward in our lives. 

Mrs. Shack – Principal: 

I think of graduation as a great time to come together to reminisce and celebrate the Seniors on their journey through school. It is always an emotional time as one part of kids’ lives is coming to an end but it usually is accompanied by a twinge of fear and/or excitement of what is to come! 

Steve Stanhope – Assistant Principal:

High School Graduation is special in many ways.  It is special to the graduating class of students that have spent their youth in school with their classmates in classes, activities, athletics and social events throughout.   It is often the last time the class is together as a large group for one last time.   For parents, it is special because they get to see their child walk the stage which usually signifies the end of a stage in life and the beginning of something new in the near future.  For teachers and staff, graduation is special because we get to see the seniors advance on to another opportunity.   Staff members reflect on the relationships built during their time with each student, and they hope during their time together they left something positive for their students to help them in their next stage.  

The class of 2024 is one of the most well rounded groups of students that were involved in a wide variety of activities, sports and programs.   We know they will do great things once they leave the walls of AHS and the future is very bright for each member of 2024.  The best is yet to come, and we hope you will reflect on the journey that took place along the way and remember the relationships and friendships that were developed.  

Chris Joly – School Counselor: 

This Senior class (2024), like the last several behind them, has left a legacy of talent, success and academic excellence. Every class seems to have uniquely defining characteristics different from those who came before them. The class of 2024 has proven to be a very diverse group of individuals through thoughts, experiences, interests, and successes. We have incredible talent flowing through our halls,  in our classrooms, on our stage, courts, fields, and track. Maybe more than ever, we have a bigger pool of students who are shining in their areas of interest. We are not defined by 1 or 2 athletic programs anymore. Our students have been proven to be exceptional performers on stage, in choir, in band along with our phenomenal athletic and academic talent. We have students competing at a high level in Art and Agriculture more than ever before as well! I am very proud of the diversity of thought and interest this senior class has brought to the table this year.

My Perspective – Morgan:

By this time of the year senioritis is definitely already setting in, for me I’ve had senioritis since freshman year. At this point we are just counting down the days till we get to walk across the stage and walk out those doors for the last time, and move onto the next stage in our lives. For some of us that could be going to college to further advance our education for our career choice, others it could be a technical school, or just joining the workforce. Something that I will be sad to leave behind is the Friday night lights at the football games, it’s always fun to be with your friends and fellow classmates cheering on your team. I will never forget when we started our freshman year right after COVID, we were all so different and we have grown up so much. Everyone has found themselves and has put themselves in different activities, found their groups, and what they want to do in the world and their future.