• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

• From FFA Advisor to Ag Teacher: Nurturing the Future of Agriculture

From FFA Advisor to Ag Teacher: Nurturing the Future of Agriculture

• Teaching With Potential

Teaching With Potential

What are the Top 1% of Andale Graduates Accomplishing?

Two graduates from the Class 2023 go on to join in the militarily academies
Jonah+Meyer
Jonah Meyer

Jackson Kraus and Jonah Meyer graduated in the class of 2023. Both going to military academies, Jonah attending the Air-Force Academy and Jack going to West-Point Military Academy.  These boys, will be student athletes over their course of time there. Jonah throwing javelin and Jack throwing shot-put and hammer.

When I asked them “how was the transition from home life to academy life” they both said BIG. Jack said “it’s as though you are jumping into a different world”. Where Jonah said he learned real fast to get into routine and it was a lot harder than he thought. They both agreed the mental standpoint was the hardest thing and the physical aspect of it was somewhat difficult but easier. Both noted that especially through basic training, mentality was important.

Jonah said the hardest part about attending the academy is being home sick. He mentioned that Andale is a special place with the community and to never take something like that for granted. Jack noted his favorite part was during basic training he got to throw hand grenades.

During my interview with Jack & Jonah I asked them both “why did you want to join?”  Jack said he knew he wanted to join when he watched the Army vs. Navy football game and knew they were there for a greater cause. Jonah said “I liked the military, its a very humbling career, and it deserves more respect. I’m very protective of people close to me and I can attribute to the value of protecting.”

Jackson Kraus with his mom

During the interview I also inquired about what jobs they wanted to go in to while in service. Jack said “he’s not for sure, but possibly a Deployed Field Artillery Unit. Jack’s goal is to be a second lieutenant officer in that field and they orchestrate enlisted what to do where to go and what to shoot at”.

Jonah said “as of right now, a C.R.O.- Combat Rescue Officer”. They lead missions/ operations to rescue soldiers in combat when in danger”. They also said that the M.T.I.’s – Military Training Instructors are the scariest part and that when there around everyone has their attention.

Both men say they miss home quite often but are creating their own family with other Cadets. They count on each other because they all go through the same hardships and will build each other up. Overtime it get’s easier and you’ll learn to love where your at.