• Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

• Not Just a Local Restaurant, Its a Place to Make Memories

Not Just a Local Restaurant, It’s a Place to Make Memories

• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

Shrek The Musical: Behind The Curtains

Shrek The Musical – Andale High School

The showings of Shrek the Musical have officially ended, so let’s recap on how they went. According to Mr. Hall, the show was “Above and beyond” his expectations. When asked what the hardest part of the show was, he said it was perfecting the sets and costumes. From AJ Corbett’s make-up design for Shrek, to Airyn Waugh’s costumes, Mr. Hall and everyone who went to the shows were extremely impressed.

When asked who he thought deserved a shout out he said Zoe Walther. She played one of the fairy tale creatures and tapping mice, and had an amazing performance. The total time it took working on the show was approximately 250 hours. But it’s not just the students who worked on the show, the students’ parents made a valiant effort on the performance also. They helped with the lobby display, painting sets/props, and costumes. 

Along with the parents, other adults played a role in the production, such as Mrs. Hall’s music direction, Jodie Dyer’s choreography, Bryce Bassett’s lighting design and Ryan Marrow’s sound design.

It’s safe to say the theater class’s effort paid off. Mr. Hall said around 1500 people attended the multiple performances. These visitors definitely had their money well spent, which makes sense considering the show was funded by many fundraisers such as the theater dinner, summer camp, and the Andale Booster Club. In addition, the revenue from ticket sales on previous shows were also used to fund the many performances. 

As Shrek comes to a close, Auditions for Into The Woods, the next musical, are November 28th and 29th. We will see Into The Woods on the Andale stage from March 21st through the 24th. When asked if Shrek The Musical would ever appear at AHS in the future, Mr. Hall said maybe, but not for a long time due to the immense preparation required.

View Comments (1)
$75
$1000