• Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

• Hutchinson Invitational Recap

Hutchinson Invitational Recap

• Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

The Pretty Prairie Rodeo

The Pretty Prairie Rodeo

When you think of Kansas, most people would say western or country. Well, that is exactly how it is out here! In Kansas we pride ourselves for having one of the best rodeos in the country! Every year in July, Pretty Prairie, Kansas hosts the PPR (Pretty Prairie Rodeo) where they can draw in about 15,000 people per night (not including the residents who already live there). It is a four day long rodeo, where some of the best bull riders, ropers, horse riders, and barrel racers come to compete at a high level. They can win money, prizes, scholarships, and invitations to bigger rodeos down the road.

Besides the rodeo part, there is a huge dance held after the rodeo.  Many people come just to dance after the rodeo is over. They have a live band that plays songs all night for the people who come out to dance. Every age attends this rodeo, from 1-100 all ages come out to have a blast with their friends and family. This event is one of the biggest especially for teenagers. Most of the teens come out with their friends to have an awesome night in Pretty Prairie. It is also very family friendly and is very fun for even the little kids who come.

This rodeo also helps to fundraise for the small Kansas town as well. It helps the schools and helps with giving some of the kids opportunities to earn scholarships. It also helps

provide money for scholarship options as well. Many people do not realize how tough this rodeo sport actually is. Rodeo’s are dynamic and action-packed events that showcase the skills and bravery of cowboys and cowgirls in various competitive events such as bull riding, barrel racing, and roping. The adrenaline-pumping atmosphere, the display of athleticism and horsemanship, and the camaraderie among participants and spectators make rodeos a thrilling experience for all. The fans bring a huge level of excitement for the athletes as well. So it is very important to make some noise for the people who are competing each night.

Another big reason in coming every year is the announcer, Randy Corley. Corley has been an announcer for the PPR for a very long time now. Randy says that “You know, Pretty Prairie’s not a large population town, but this event always seems to draw in a large crowd.” Randy Corley has been the voice of Caldwell Night Rodeo (CNR) for nearly four decades. He was a 16-time announcer of the National Finals Rodeo, a twelve-time Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association (PRCA) Announcer of the Year and a 2017 inductee into the ProRodeo Hall of Fame. Many people like to joke and say they would go just to hear his awesome jokes! Corley is a huge part in making this rodeo work and is truly dedicated to this rodeo.

I have never met one person who has not thoroughly enjoyed the Pretty Prairie Rodeo. It is an awesome way to get out of the house with friends and meet many new people! People come from all over Kansas and have made it their new tradition to come every year. People love it so much that they make it their goal to attend all 4 nights! It is a very fun environment and it also gets people more involved with their communities. Thanks to the Pretty Prairie Rodeo, it has raised tons of money to put back into the community for their small town to thrive. If you are interested in the PPR check out some of their websites for more information on dates for this year’s upcoming rodeo! Do not be afraid to try something new and check out the Pretty Prairie Rodeo for yourself!

Find out more here!