• Dalton Brassers Air Travels

Dalton Brasser’s Air Travels

• Renwick News

Count Down to Graduation

• Janet (Eck) Weninger- Renwick Alumni

Janet (Eck) Weninger- Renwick Alumni

• Educator Insights with Mrs. Bergkamp

Educator Insights with Mrs. Bergkamp

• Maddie Schrandt Making History

Maddie Schrandt Making History

• Hutchinson Track Meet Preview

Hutchinson Track Meet Preview

• The Beauty of The Keeper of the Plains

The Beauty of The Keeper of the Plains

• Bulls, Bands and Barrels

Bulls, Bands and Barrels

• The Kansas Aviation Museum

The Kansas Aviation Museum

• Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum

Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum

Gambino’s Pizza Original Since 1984

Looking for amazing food and service?
Gambinos Pizza Original Since 1984

Pizza Poll

Have you tried Gambino’s Original in Colwich? What if we told you that it has been around since 1984. Dan Seiler and his wife, Maria, opened the first Gambino’s Pizza in 1984 and has been in business for 39 years. The Goertz family took the original Gambino’s over in 2021 and still own it to this day. It is a very popular restaurant, and has attracted many customers in and outside of Colwich, KS.

Gambino’s is the perfect place to go with your family when you don’t know what to eat for dinner. It’s affordable even for being a locally owned restaurant. Being in the heart of Colwich, Gambino’s is a very successful restaurant. The inside is very welcoming with its cozy look which shows how they differ from many other Gambino’s in the surrounding areas. 

Since 1984, they have opened 43 more of the restaurants in many places around the United States. All of these Gambinos locations are owned by different individuals and groups. However, the Gambinos in Colwich, Kansas is very special.  The Colwich location is separately owned and operated. In a poll made by “Wichita By E.B.” Facebook page, Gambino’s Original was determined the “Most Liked Pizza” in Wichita and surrounding areas in 2019. It beat 63 other bars and restaurants to earn this title. One of the family’s favorite parts of owning the pizzeria is that they get to keep the tradition of the family business going and getting to serve the people in the small town and build lasting relationships over time with both the employees and customers. 

It was the first of its kind and it is located at 339 S 1st St. Colwich, KS, 67030. Although the restaurant is called Gambino’s Pizza they don’t only serve pizza. The menu ranges from salads to pizza, and they have the best dessert pizza. The owner’s personal favorite food at their restaurant is bread sticks with sauce.

Another plus is that all of their employees are extremely nice. When you walk in the restaurant or call in your pizza on the phone, you are greeted by one of their friendly workers. Even though the restaurant may be pretty small, they still have some pretty big challenges that they have to face. By far the worst one is getting the schedule filled due to young employees that are involved with activities outside of work. Because the restaurant is in a small town some of the workers have developed relationships with some of their “regular” customers. Those relationships help the word spread throughout the west side of Wichita and causes even more customers to flock to the restaurant.

“Gambinos cheese sticks are great, especially when they are hot and fresh ” said a recent customer. Hopefully all of this talk about pizza has made you hungry and want to go to Gambino’s Original to get some of their delicious pizza. Don’t forget the extra sauce!

Gambino’s is an overall great place to eat at. They have delicious food and amazing staff and service. The combination of appetizing food and excellent service always makes your meal more enjoyable. Make sure to stop by and show your support for the restaurant!