Getting To Know Renwick’s New Superintendent

Wyatt Spexarth, Site Editor & Writer

When new superintendent Tim Hayden was asked what initially drew him to Renwick, he had a lot of positive things to say about the community. “Hands down, it was the people. It feels like home…” Another draw for Mr. Hayden is the support. “The other thing that drew me to the district is the pride and support of the schools by the community. It doesn’t matter what event I have been to, there are tons of people there to support kids, to support the schools and that is the type of place you want to raise your family, the type of place you want to lead.” Mr. Hayden is already looking forward to the relationships he can build and his involvement with our community. “I will build quality relationships with our Renwick Communities and bring a positive energy to the district every day. I will have a lot to learn and jobs like being a superintendent aren’t easy, but I am a hard worker, I want to do a great job because my own kids attend in the district and I will bring a heart of service to the position.”

Mr. Hayden went to Rangely High School in Northwest Colorado and moved to Kansas to attend McPherson College where he eventually met his wife, Karen. “At the time, Rangely was a 3A high school, very similar to Andale or Garden Plain.” Mr. Hayden and his wife talked about wanting their children to attend a school similar to their own experiences and now have two kids both enrolled at Garden Plain. “My son Hunter is 15 and is a freshman at Garden Plain High School and my daughter Kennedy is a 7th grader at Garden Plain Middle School.” 

New superintendent Tim Hayden comes with a lot of experience. He has worked in education for the last 21 years as a second grade teacher, a third grade teacher, a middle school principal, and an elementary school principal. He also has been a basketball coach and a track coach. He also comes with various education degrees. “At McPherson College, I majored in elementary education and special education and played basketball. I got my masters in education at Wichita State University in Educational Leadership. I am currently working on my doctorate in Educational Leadership from Kansas State University.”

Mr. Hayden sang the praises of our district and is excited to get started with our district next year. “From academics and fine arts to athletics and character, I want to leave no doubt that the Renwick School District is the best district in the state. I am excited for the opportunity to work alongside some outstanding people, learn a new side of education that I haven’t been a part of before, and keep our culture of excellence moving in the right direction.”