• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

• From FFA Advisor to Ag Teacher: Nurturing the Future of Agriculture

From FFA Advisor to Ag Teacher: Nurturing the Future of Agriculture

• Teaching With Potential

Teaching With Potential

The Tradition Begins Here..

What really does make our Andale High School Football team so great?

In recent years we have seen Andale Football get the recognition it deserves. Popular media sources like Sports in Kansas, MaxPreps, and Overtime have helped in showing the nation our football team’s talents. Many people may wonder what makes our small town football team so special, so let me tell you why. 

For starters, our players start young and work their way up to greatness with Cougar Football. Cougar Football starts in 3rd grade and extends all the way through 8th grade. Players get an additional 5 years of learning positions, plays, and what to expect once they step into high school. Founders of Cougar Football, Crystal and Bryan Ward, Paul and Paula Kear, Robin and Paul Schauf, Susie and Stan Engels, Derek Deegan, and other cougar parents came together with the idea of Cougar Football due to the large amount of travel to the East side of Wichita they were completing each week. Cougar Football started in 1999 and still today continues to breed some of the greatest athletes at Andale. Our football players put in the work throughout the whole year, NOT just during the football season. A majority of the players’ summer is filled with summer weights and football practice. All players have to take a weights class at least one semester a year. Conditioning and weight lifting ultimately aids in the way the players perform. Many of our star football players are also multi-sport athletes throughout the year, participating in basketball, wrestling, track and field, cross country, and golf. 

At Andale High School we take pride in our sports. The community, coaches, students, and teachers all contribute to the success of their athletes. Andale Football has been undefeated since the 2019 season, winning four consecutive state titles in class 3A for the years 2019-2022. Despite what many critics on the internet have to say about our winning team, they continue to prove their success is well deserved. The success of most of these athletes doesn’t end once their time at Andale High School ends, many go on to play for colleges. Though football brings in a lot of attention from the public, many other sports and their players here at Andale gain great athletic attention too.  One of Andale’s track prodigies, Katelyn Fairchild, continued her track and field athletics at ATM in Texas. Katelyn’s brother, Mason Fairchild, continued his football career at Kansas University. Maddie Schrandt from class of 2023 went on to play volleyball at Missouri State University. The list of athletes and their successes accomplished after their time at Andale is endless. 

The Cougar Football team’s season isn’t over just yet, so go support our young prodigies on October 7th, October 14th, and October 21st. Details on time and location are located at https://www.andalecougarfootball.com/. The Cougar Football player’s also sell cookie dough yearly, this money goes towards referees, league fees, and additional equipment. Go and make sure you support your future Andale High School athletes!