• Unveiling Mr Hagemans Career: From Inspiration to Impact

Unveiling Mr Hageman’s Career: From Inspiration to Impact

• St. Marks Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

St. Mark’s Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

• Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

• Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

• Famous from Kansas

Famous from Kansas

• The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Womens Soccer Team

The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Women’s Soccer Team

• The Big Well

The Big Well

• Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

• Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

• Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

“Swinging for Success: A Conversation with Kaylee Altman, One of Andale High’s Senior’s”

Kaylee Altman has some very exciting and encouraging words for Andale softball fans. Altman is a senior and is a four year veteran. Altman is a utility player meaning she can play everywhere, but her main position is left field. The Andale Softball team has been to state the past three years.

First, I asked Altman how she feels about the season this year. Altman replied, “If we practice hard enough, and play as a team we can be very good this season.”

One of Altman’s favorite softball memories comes from beating Rose Hill to go to the state last year (2023) because they talked a lot of trash on our team. The Indians captured their Regional title for 4A beating the Rockets 3-1.

When asked who her favorite teammate ever was Kaylee said, ” Bella Cates, because she is fun in the dugout.”

Altman who is headed to play collegiately at Neosho County Community College says she is looking forward to starting a new chapter in her life as she pursues the next level. One of those reasons is because she gets to meet new teammates and friends throughout her college career.

Everyone has a role model who they strive to be like. For Altman that person is Jordy Bahl because she is one of the best pitchers to play the game ever. Bahl as many of you may know was a stellar pitcher at the University of Oklahoma, but has now transferred to the University of Nebraska. Unfortunately, just this week Bahl announced she’s out with a season ending injury of an ACL tear, something we commonly see amongst athlete injuries.

Altman said she has been waiting for this season since freshman year, because she can be a leader now, and she also has a chance to prove herself. After asking Altman how she feels about state this year.  Altman replied, “We have a chance if we play hard and work together.”

Altman recently signed with Neosho County Community College to continue her softball career. Altman is very excited for her last season of softball in high school. Andale Indian softball will now have a new leader at the helm, Erin Carney, a former AHS alumni and WSU softball alumni. As always we encourage all of you to come support our Andale softball team as they push for a state championship this spring.

Check out Altman’s highlight video found here: Altman’s Highlight Video