• Unveiling Mr Hagemans Career: From Inspiration to Impact

Unveiling Mr Hageman’s Career: From Inspiration to Impact

• St. Marks Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

St. Mark’s Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

• Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

• Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

• Famous from Kansas

Famous from Kansas

• The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Womens Soccer Team

The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Women’s Soccer Team

• The Big Well

The Big Well

• Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

• Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

• Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Garden Plain Power

Here just recently we had 15 Garden Plain athletes compete in the Conway Spring Power-lifting meet on March 9th. At the meet there was nearly 400 athletes and schools ranging all the way from 1A-6A. Although we only had 5 of the power-lifters medal, each and every athletes completed well and did the best they could.

What is power-lifting and what do they do? At a power lifting meet athletes will compete in their weight classes to complete 3 different lifts, consisting of; Bench press, Squat, and clean. Each power-lifter is given 3 chances to lift as much weight as they can. Athletes competing can also medal by placing first in an individual lift and by placing top 3 in their weight class by total pounds lifted.

Coach Rice; the Garden Plain power-lifting coach is well-known across the Renwick campuses for his great coaching and advice. Not very many people may know but he is also a power-lifter and has personal bests of a 530lb squat, 530lb DL, and a 430lb bench press. He says that his ultimate goals have always been to triple his body weight in squat and Dl and to double hid body weight in bench. His records have shown that he has come within a few pounds of achieving those goals. Not only does coach Rice power-lifter himself, but he also knows many former athletes still competing in power-lifting as a form of exercise following their high school career.

As already stated Coach Rice and Brent Randolph took 15 Garden Plain athletes to compete in the recent power-lifting meet in Conway Springs. Both of these coaches have pushed each and every one of those athletes to do their best, and deserve a special thanks, as well as all the parents who came to support the team and their kids. The athletes who competed were: Brock Randolph, Cole Green, Eli Catlin, Eli Eck, Emrick Hays, Gavin Correll, Hank Lilly, Jessica Rice, Mason Hoheisel, Wyatt Stulhsatz, Trevor Catlin, Matthew Mans, Evan Farmer, Caleb Stuhlsatz, and Braylen Dold. Of those 15 athletes the 5 to metal were Trevor Catlin who got first 1st in squat for the 114lb Jr. class, Matthew Mans who got first in bench and 3rd overall for the 114lb Jr. class, Evan Farmer who got 3rd overall for the 132lb Jr. class, Caleb Stuhlsatz who got 3rd overall in the 105lb Jr. class, and Braylen Dold who got 3rd overall for the 146lb Jr. class. In conclusion, all of the athletes, coaches, and parents who competed and supported should get a special thanks and good job all 15 of them completed well.