• St. Marks Sprint to Success

St. Mark’s Sprint to Success

• Unlocking Success: The Journey of Michelle Shackelford

Unlocking Success: The Journey of Michelle Shackelford

• Samson and Philomena Sadiqs Journey to America

Samson and Philomena Sadiq’s Journey to America

• 8th Grade Promotion Information

8th Grade Promotion Information

• Emery Park Pond

Spring Fishing In Sedgwick County

• The Bretthauer Empire: Cutterz Lawn Care

The Bretthauer Empire: Cutterz Lawn Care

• Reflecting on a Legacy: Honoring Becky Strunks Retirement

Reflecting on a Legacy: Honoring Becky Strunk’s Retirement

2024 Andale Spring Sports

2024 Andale Spring Sports

Spring has rolled around which means it’s time for spring sports. The baseball season for the Renwick Indians have just begun as they played their first game last Friday, and the softball team also plays soon on Thursday, against Wellington. Track is also starting soon with the Paul “Bear” Schmidt invitational track meet. Boys golf is also starting soon. This is an exciting time to be an Andale Indian with the end of the school year only 9 weeks away.

This spring is the final chance for us to get our first state championship this year after getting very close in football, volleyball, and wrestling.  If we can’t get it done, this will be the first time in almost 10 years we haven’t won a state championship in a school year. However, it won’t be easy as each team has some tough competition.

In track, the girls team is looking for their 7th State title in a row. The boys are looking to three-peat as State Champions.  On both the girls and boys side, there were a lot of seniors who graduated last year that can no longer help the team, so younger athletes are going to have to step up if Andale wants to repeat. Also, 4A is very tough on the boys and girls side, with schools like Louisburg, Bishop Miege, and Wamego.

Baseball and softball are also underway, and this year is looking good for both.  Baseball has never won a state championship, although they have gotten very close, but this could change in the coming years. More and more young  students are going to baseball so hopefully this can help them make a run soon. As for the softball team, they have been on of the best teams in 4A, consistently making it to regionals and the state tournament. This year the team looks very strong and can do great things.

Finally, boys golf is also gearing up and after a strong season last year, this year looks even better. This team is very young with mostly Juniors and Sophomores. This year, they are looking to capture their first ever state title. If there was any year to do it, this would be it.

This is an exciting time for Andale sports, good luck to all of these teams and I know they will do great things!