• Unveiling Mr Hagemans Career: From Inspiration to Impact

Unveiling Mr Hageman’s Career: From Inspiration to Impact

• St. Marks Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

St. Mark’s Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

• Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

• Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

• Famous from Kansas

Famous from Kansas

• The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Womens Soccer Team

The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Women’s Soccer Team

• The Big Well

The Big Well

• Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

• Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

• Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Chiefs Win A Close Game Against the Ravens!

The Kansas City Chiefs won a close game in Baltimore last weekend. The Chiefs won 17-10 and with that win they have won their 4th AFC championship in the last five years.

The AFC championship game started out hot with a touchdown on the second drive of the game. But before that, the Chiefs won the coin toss and chose to defer to the second half. The Chiefs then stopped the Ravens and got the ball. Kansas City drove down the field converting a 4th down and Patrick Mahomes threw a touchdown pass to Travis Kelce. At this point the Ravens got the ball back and Lamar threw a 30 yard touchdown pass to Zay Flowers. The Chiefs got the ball back and started driving, but Patrick Mahomes almost got sacked on 3rd and 5. However, he threw the ball just in time to Travis Kelce who made a diving catch. After this the Chiefs drove the rest of the way down the field and Pacheco punched the ball in for a touchdown. On the next drive Lamar dropped back in the pocket and was strip sacked by Charles Omenihu. The Chiefs were then stopped on fourth down by the Ravens Defense. Both teams traded punts then the Chiefs scored a field goal before half.

The second half was very defensive. No points were scored in the 3rd quarter. The Ravens were driving in the 4th quarter and Lamar threw a 65 yard pass to Zay Flowers. Zay flowers taunted L’Jarious Sneed, but on the next play Zay Flowers tried to dive the ball in the end zone but it got punched out by L’Jarious Sneed. The Chiefs offense got stopped but a few drives later the ravens were driving again but this time Lamar threw a ball into triple coverage and it got intercepted. The Chiefs offense then got stopped again and had to punt. The Ravens scored a field goal and the Chiefs got the ball back. Then it was 3rd and 9 and if the Chiefs got a 1st down they would win. Mahomes dropped back and threw a 32 yard pass to Marquez Valdez-Scantling and sealed the game. The Chiefs will go on to play the 49ers in Super Bowl 58.

Kansas City were underdogs for the whole playoffs and no one thought they would get this far.  Isiah Pacheco and Rashee Rice have both been stand out players for the playoffs and they probably wouldn’t be here without them. On Febubary 22nd the Chiefs will play the 49ers in Las Vegas.