• Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

• Not Just a Local Restaurant, Its a Place to Make Memories

Not Just a Local Restaurant, It’s a Place to Make Memories

• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

What is the Renwick Education Foundation?

Going into depth with Jim McFadden a member of the REF

We recently had an interview with the representative of the Renwick Education Foundation, Jim McFadden. We asked a series of questions to try to gather a better understanding of what the Renwick Education Foundation really is and what they do. McFadden stated “The Renwick Education foundation was formed to further the overall educational goals of the  district.” Since about 2001 a group of citizens with past experience in the USD267 educational system, came together to form what is known as the Renwick Education Foundation. The foundation is independant, but gains lots of support and works with the entire Renwick school district.

The Renwick Education Foundation also holds a number a different fundraisers, such as their golf tournament that is held every June. All fees from the golf tournament are sent to support the funds that support the district. With a base like the Renwick Education Foundation, it is made easier for further education to be achieved. They have helped support grants for teacher across the district, as well as, student scholarships for both junior and senior classes at both Andale and Garden Plain High School. The REF also grants financial aid to the district in spite of either an emergency or the subject can’t be funded. “Students are able to apply for and receive funds to assist them in their college education or in their technical education if they choose to go to tech school.” Jim expresses that if you are planning for college, and you are a junior or senior you should really consider applying for these funds.

Many of us may not know what the Renwick Education Foundation is, but when we asked Jim about something he wants the people of the district to know, he stated “We really rely on the contributions of the people who support our activities by joining the golf tournament or other fundraisers they may have. For example, in the past we’ve had different kinds of fundraisers but they kind of come and go, where as the golf tournament is our main thing.” Then, when we asked who can assist in the Renwick Education Foundation, he replied, “Anyone who would support our fundraising activities or wants to join the board of directors can help further the accomplishments of the foundation.”

If you haven’t seen these past few weeks the REF has been participating in the 12 days of Christmas by helping surprise daily drawings of $50 for Renwick staff. They’ve been drawing eight names a day and what a great way to help staff especially during the holiday season when finances are already tight.

Thank you REF for your continued support of our Renwick School District!