• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

Sisters that are different but look alike

Questions we asked Ella Ford. How long have you been dancing? This is my fourth year on the team.What’s your favorite thing about dance?  “I love the hip hop dances.” How many hours of practice do you have a week? “4-5 hours a week.” Have you done any other sports than dance? “Yes I did volleyball, cheerleading, and track.” Who’s your coach? My coach is Alaycea Kremeier.  What’s your favorite thing about the dance team? “I love the bonds that you get from the team.” Why should other people join the dance team? “It is a great way to get involved, get scholarships, and open your eyes to a whole new world.”

Question we asked Torie. How long have you been on track?  “I have been doing track for a year. What’s your favorite thing about track? “My favorite thing about track is probably just the running or the coaches, our coaches are really good about making us be the best we can be and they are always supportive.” How many hours of practice do you have a week? “During track season I put in about 13 hours a week.” Have you done any other sports than track? “Yes, I do volleyball, basketball, and softball.” Who’s your coach? “My coaches are Cory Reichenberger, and Nate Alverez.” What’s your favorite thing about the track team? “My favorite thing is how we all support each other to be the best athlete and person. My teammates will always make sure I am being a good person outside of track.”Why should other people join the track team? “I really like track because it’s so competitive and it also gets you in really good shape.”

Commonalities between the sisters. Why are you so competitive? Torie said “Our mom made me really competitive and growing up I also did competitive Cheer and that has always made me competitive.” Ella said “Wanting to prove talents even against not being recognized and being told you don’t work as hard as other teams. Being able to go to camp this year and win against big schools that even our other sports teams don’t compete against and still place first and get a nationals bid was very validating.” What’s the hardest part of your sport? Torie said “I would say the hardest part of track is the mentality about just telling yourself to keep going even in hard races or in hard practices.” Ella said “Doing dance full out over and over.” How did cheer help you in these sports? “Cheer has given me a lot of competitiveness.” Ella said “Cheer helped me come in with flexibility and knowing how to count music.” 

In conclusion, these girls have many similarities and many differences. Both look alike, but have lots of differences in their personalities.