• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

• From FFA Advisor to Ag Teacher: Nurturing the Future of Agriculture

From FFA Advisor to Ag Teacher: Nurturing the Future of Agriculture

• Teaching With Potential

Teaching With Potential

GPHS Cross Country Runners Contribute to Andale Success

Logan+Mckim%2C+Kai+Larid%2C+and+Arthur+Boyle+posing+for+a+post+race+picture.+
Photo contributed by John Bloomquist
Logan Mckim, Kai Larid, and Arthur Boyle posing for a post race picture.

GPHS cross country season is coming to a close, and runners are looking to shave seconds off their time. The GPHS runners consist of Adeline Stuhlsatz, Logan McKim,  Arthur Boyle, and Kai Laird. These runners accompanied the Andale cross country runners to form one unified team, allowing all runners to see new competition. Athletes have been working hard through this season, and qualified the team for regionals. Hutchinson-Prairie Middle School will host regionals on Saturday, October 21.

Adeline Stuhlsatz getting ready for her run.
Logan Mckim running his race. (Photo contributed by John Bloomquist.)

Senior, Adeline Stuhlsatz, informed us about her season saying, “I made a lot of good memories.” This has been her first year competing for the team and she has made new friends along the way. “I was kind of shy and nervous at first, but the other runners were welcoming,” stated Adi. After school, Garden Plain runners drive to practice at Andale. “The drive was stressful because we had limited time.” admitted Adi. Her workouts at Andale have consisted of long runs, track ladders, and hill sprints. In meets, she has been running 2-5 miles per meet. The biggest challenge for her this season has been having the motivation to run everyday.

Junior, Logan McKim has had an overall good season. He started running an 18.20 5K. Now, he is running an 18.05 5K. For him, the transition from driving from Garden Plain to Andale was good, but it took him a little longer. Making friends with the Andale runners was easy for him because they were all funny, good people. When asked what the hardest part of his season was, McKim responded, “The work is hard, and often it is hot outside.” McKim has been participating in cross country for three years.

Arthur Boyle running. Photo contributed by John Bloomquist.

Sophomore, Arthur Boyle has had a good season, despite the weather being rough, and his teammates are great and he cannot wait for next year. He has enjoyed making new friends with his teammates because he raced against most of them on track. On varsity, he has been running 18.43 5k. “The drive to practice was a bit rushed, but Coach gave us enough time,” stated Boyle. Mentally staying motivated when he was not seeing changes in his time was the hardest part about this season. Boyle has been running cross country for two years and plans to make it a third.

Kai Laird running cross country. (Photo contributed by John Bloomquist.)

Another sophomore, Kai Laird has had a good season, and has been faced with the challenge of recovering from an ankle injury. His workouts consist of sprints, distance running, and is working to shave off seconds to run under 20 minutes. Transitioning to the drive to Andale for practice was very rushed for Laird. He said that the hardest part of his season was finding the will to keep his body running. “Meeting new people this year was a lot easier, and it is an interesting community to be a part of,” stated Laird. He has been running with this unified team for two years and also plans to make it a third.