• Catching Up With Coach Steph

Sports

Catching Up With Coach Steph

• Swinging for Success

Sports

Swinging for Success

• Food So Good Youll Be Flocking To It: Slim Chickens Restaurant Review

Food So Good You’ll Be Flocking To It: Slim Chickens Restaurant Review

• Behind the Whistle: Q&A with Coach Ast

Behind the Whistle: Q&A with Coach Ast

• Brunins Family Café

Brunin’s Family Café

• Unwrapping Flavor: Chipotle Taste Test & Review Experience

Unwrapping Flavor: Chipotle Taste Test & Review Experience

• Andale Boys Secure Fourth Place with a Stellar Bowling Performance

Sports

Andale Boys Secure Fourth Place with a Stellar Bowling Performance

• Stepping Up to the Plate with Paxton Spexarth

Sports

Stepping Up to the Plate with Paxton Spexarth

• Teacher Tales: An Exclusive Interview with Mrs. Bruna

Teacher Tales: An Exclusive Interview with Mrs. Bruna

• Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

Sports

Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

How The Cheer Team Connects To The Community

The cheer team is more than just a group of talented individuals. With their great energy and amazing spirit, they bring the community together to cheer on our teams. They are the heart and soul of our community, and spread joy that lasts a lifetime. 

Cheerleading serves as a powerful bridge that connects the community in numerous ways. Firstly, through their enthusiastic performances at camps, also at every sporting event. The cheerleaders uplift the spirits of not only the athletes but also the audience and supporters in the stands. They do many cheers that engage with the crowd and the student section. The cheerleaders have a lot of cheers and band chants to uplift  and get them fired up. They spend numerous practices learning around 40 cheers and the band chants. They also have entertaining stunts they spend time learning and practicing with their stunt groups.

Cheer teams often engage in activities which allows them to volunteer their time and talents for our community. The efforts of the cheerleaders demonstrate the team’s commitment to making a positive impact beyond the area of sports. Not only do they entertain the crowd, they also intrigue many young girls to come out and cheer with them at football games, and performing during basketball season. 

Every year the cheer team goes to a UCA camp, and learn many challenging things. While they go to the camp every year they have earned awards such as Game Day Routine, Camp Routine, Spirit stick, Banana Spirit Award, Blue Superior Ribbons, All Americans, and Pin it Forward. They spent four days learning all the material to perform on the last day to get their awards. 

They also have some tumblers who show off their skills every game in the 3rd quarter. Many learned their skills prior to being on the team, but some learned their talents with the help of the coaches. Some of their tumbling consists of round-off back handsprings, standing back handsprings, round-off series, and round-off back tucks.

The cheer team follows many rules and regulations to be able to cheer. One of the most important rules for their team is not cheering after the whistle, which allows less distractions during game play. Some cheer teams forget about this rule, and aren’t as put together. The Andale cheer team tries very hard to look sharp and neat every game. 

Their coaches are also a big part of what they do each and every game. They do a lot of behind the scenes work that many people wouldn’t know about. Katlyn gets all the forms for little girls camp, and other things put together and organized, and Jenna helps find new and interesting things to learn. Their coaches do many things for the cheer team.

Cheerleading is an amazing way to connect with your community. Whether they are cheering at local sports events, participating in parades, or volunteering, cheer brings people together. They spread positivity by supporting others and creating a sense of unity. So go help the Andale cheer team cheer on our community.