• Dalton Brassers Air Travels

Dalton Brasser’s Air Travels

• Renwick News

Count Down to Graduation

• Janet (Eck) Weninger- Renwick Alumni

Janet (Eck) Weninger- Renwick Alumni

• Educator Insights with Mrs. Bergkamp

Educator Insights with Mrs. Bergkamp

• Maddie Schrandt Making History

Maddie Schrandt Making History

• Hutchinson Track Meet Preview

Hutchinson Track Meet Preview

• The Beauty of The Keeper of the Plains

The Beauty of The Keeper of the Plains

• Bulls, Bands and Barrels

Bulls, Bands and Barrels

• The Kansas Aviation Museum

The Kansas Aviation Museum

• Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum

Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum

Inside the Classroom With Paige Towey

In the halls of Saint Mark’s Elementary School, amidst the laughter and eager chatter of young students, one teacher’s name stands out: Paige Towey. With a contagious passion for teaching and a heart dedicated to nurturing young minds, Paige embodies the essence of what it means to be a first grade teacher.

Towey strives to create a positive and inclusive atmosphere by ensuring that each student is treated with kindness and patience. Moreover, Towey firmly believes that it is essential to acknowledge that everyone makes mistakes and that we can assist one another in learning from them. To keep parents informed, Towey maintains open lines of communication through various means such as email, the Remind app, or any other method that suits the parents’ preferences. In addition, Towey goes the extra mile by sharing pictures and small notes with parents, providing them with a glimpse into their first-grader’s daily experiences.

Among the many captivating and enjoyable lessons that Towey teaches, one stands out called “contraction surgery”. During this activity, students wear surgical masks and gloves as they play the role of doctors while the words serve as the patients. The objective is to remove the unnecessary parts of the word, symbolized by a band-aid serving as a contraction. When evaluating student progress, Towey relies primarily on observation, engaging in conversations, and collecting the students’ work.

In terms of managing behavioral challenges, Towey establishes strong connections with her students and sets clear expectations. She is mindful of the consequences that may arise and ensures that they are implemented fairly. Additionally, Towey embraces technology by allowing her students to utilize Chromebooks daily for their I-Ready math and reading activities. Furthermore, she employs the use of a smartboard to enhance the students daily activities.

Paige Towey exemplifies the dedication and commitment that is needed to be a teacher. She has not only transformed the classroom experience for her first grade students at Saint Mark’s School but has also left an indelible mark on their lives. Towey’s ability to foster a nurturing and inclusive environment underscores the profound impact that educators can have on shaping the future generation.