• Unveiling Mr Hagemans Career: From Inspiration to Impact

Unveiling Mr Hageman’s Career: From Inspiration to Impact

• St. Marks Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

St. Mark’s Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

• Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

• Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

• Famous from Kansas

Famous from Kansas

• The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Womens Soccer Team

The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Women’s Soccer Team

• The Big Well

The Big Well

• Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

• Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

• Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

On Friday, February 9th, Gabe Kampling made a groundbreaking play at the Garden Plain High School basketball game against the Kingman Eagles.

Gabe Kampling is one of only two seniors playing this 2023-24 season along with Ty Scheer at Garden Plain High School and is a 6’3” starter for their varsity team. He has been working hard all season for this moment and that night the moment finally happened. The second the crowd saw Kampling take the ball to his side of the unguarded court everyone started rising to their feet in anticipation for what was about to happen. Not only has this dunk been anticipated all season, but it happened on one of the best nights of the year, homecoming night. 

Gabe Kampling turned the heads of students and parents alike, one of those is Braylen Dold. He can be seen in the back of the picture with his hands in the air, looking completely astonished. 

When Dold saw the dunk he said “When I saw him dribbling down the court I knew he was going to dunk it so I jumped out of my seat in excitement because I knew he was going for the dunk”.

Not only was this a head-turning dunk, but a table-breaking one too! In the student section, there sat a table of students with an ESPN sign on the front. Gabe’s dunk may have made it, but the table sure didn’t! After Kampling’s dunk, the student section went wild which ended up breaking the table! That table sat lopsided for the rest of the game. 

As sub-state is upon us remember to go out and support your Owls at their KSHSAA Class 2A Sub-State at Sedgwick HS. Sub-State will occur from February 26-March 2.