• Unveiling Mr Hagemans Career: From Inspiration to Impact

Unveiling Mr Hageman’s Career: From Inspiration to Impact

• St. Marks Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

St. Mark’s Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

• Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

• Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

• Famous from Kansas

Famous from Kansas

• The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Womens Soccer Team

The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Women’s Soccer Team

• The Big Well

The Big Well

• Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

• Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

• Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

For many of us Andale students we all know Mrs. Katlyn Papadelis. She is one of our Andale High counselors, but she  also serves as the cheer coach. Mrs. Papadelis has been the cheer coach here at Andale for three years now, and strives each season to make the team and cheerleaders better.

Mrs. Papadelis values teamwork and discipline amongst the team, by taking the cheerleaders to a camp during the summer, where they learn teamwork by spending four days together. She was originally inspired to be the coach because she was a cheerleader here at Andale herself, and she felt the need to give back to the community that she grew up from. One of Papadelis’ favorite part about being the cheer coach is getting to see the girls in a different setting. As in, seeing them from an educational perspective from being their counselor to an outside perspective seeing what kind of person they are on the outside walls of school. While there are many favorite memories one of Papdelis favorite moments was at cheer camp last summer when they received first place for their routine against a bunch of larger schools.

As some of you may know cheer tryouts are coming up here mid March. Mrs. Katlyn is looking for three specific qualities in her cheerleaders those include, being a good communicator, having good leadership skills, and always having a positive attitude. She continues to prepare her team for upcoming events by practicing, reminding, and encouraging her cheerleaders to always put their best foot forward and remember why you became a cheerleader. However, just like every team we all have our setbacks, and handle them differently. Mrs. Papadelis handles her teams setbacks by having a team meeting or talking it out. She says a good way to handle your setbacks is by having fun and doing a team bonding game or activity. Most importantly though she hopes that the cheerleaders will always look back and remember there times and to apply everything that they have learned from being apart of the team into the real world.

So, why do you think it would be cool to be a cheerleader? For some it may just be a fun thing to do in your free time, but for others it may be something that they may want to pursue later on in their life and be able to apply it in their day to day life. In conclusion, always remember to celebrate your wins no matter how small they may seem and always put your best foot forward.