• Unveiling Mr Hagemans Career: From Inspiration to Impact

Unveiling Mr Hageman’s Career: From Inspiration to Impact

• St. Marks Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

St. Mark’s Science Teacher: Mrs. Dansel

• Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

Discover the Hidden Paradise: Exploring the Garden of Eden in Kansas

• Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

Aria Pearce: The Kansas Comet

• Famous from Kansas

Famous from Kansas

• The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Womens Soccer Team

The Rise of KC Current: New Professional Women’s Soccer Team

• The Big Well

The Big Well

• Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

Get Your Boots On for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Showdown

• Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

Darkness Descending: The Greensburg, KS Tornado

• Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

Get to Know Tanganyika Wildlife Park and Water Park

2024 4A State Volleyball Predictions

Even though some may think that the volleyball season just ended or there is still a long time until the season starts again, the volleyball season is only a few months away. The rest of March and the months of April and May are all we have left. The summer is the conditioning and warm up time for the state volleyball tournament. If the summer is not used wisely then that could leave teams behind or suffering for the start of the season. The purpose of the summer is to go over all the basics like form for passing, attacking, and serving, it is also used for the new freshman to learn everything and get used to the atmosphere and feel of the gym. We also are lifting weights to strengthen what we lost due to non-season time.

In a players perspective the preseason lifting, conditioning, and practicing is the most important and best part of the season. Lifting weights as well as practicing is good because it gets everyone in shape and ready for what is about to come. The weight room shows the mental strength of an athlete considering weights start at 5:45 am. The attendance in the weight room shows that you’re all-in, ready to work hard, and make improvements throughout the season.

What I found based on previous years of results from the state volleyball match is that there will likely be returning teams from last year. Every year eight teams come back and play the game that determines what place they are in within their state classification. For the past six years the Andale High School volleyball program has returned to the State volleyball tournament. Out of all the teams from the 2023 state tournament Andale has the highest number of sub-state wins in the past six years with six consecutive wins.

From what I found looking through stats and rosters the teams with the highest chance of returning are Andale , Bishop Miege, Louisburg, and McPherson. These teams have returned to the state tournament consistently. Bishop Miege has won the state championship for the past two years but has also won other years throughout. Andale won the last public state championship in 2021, defeating Ottawa in 3 sets. You may think McPherson will not be a returning team but for the past three years they have been sub-state champs and showed up to the State tournament.

The stats from past years have shown me that Andale and Circle have high chances of going back to the State tournament. Circle only has three seniors leaving which means that they will still have the underclassman and new seniors coming up to make up for those seniors leaving. Andale has seven seniors leaving, but before those seniors it’s been continually proven that regardless of seniors graduating the next group is ready to go. A strength of the Andale volleyball program…it doesn’t just build upper classman but focuses on what’s best for that particular year and for the years to come.

As we inch closer to summer remember to support your Andale volleyball program as they battle towards another state title and prove why they’re one of the best programs across the state.