• St. Marks Sprint to Success

St. Mark’s Sprint to Success

• Unlocking Success: The Journey of Michelle Shackelford

Unlocking Success: The Journey of Michelle Shackelford

• Samson and Philomena Sadiqs Journey to America

Samson and Philomena Sadiq’s Journey to America

• 8th Grade Promotion Information

8th Grade Promotion Information

• Emery Park Pond

Spring Fishing In Sedgwick County

• The Bretthauer Empire: Cutterz Lawn Care

The Bretthauer Empire: Cutterz Lawn Care

• Reflecting on a Legacy: Honoring Becky Strunks Retirement

Reflecting on a Legacy: Honoring Becky Strunk’s Retirement

• Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

• Hutchinson Invitational Recap

Hutchinson Invitational Recap

• Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

Inside The Classroom With Mrs. Haught

Mrs. Haught has been teaching for 12 years, two years at Argonia and this is her 10th year at Andale Elementary School. She teachewebsite picture5s computer apps and technology. Another thing she takes part of is being the leader of the Andale Middle School Stuco. I asked her a series of questions and here’s how she responded.

The first question I asked her was what do you believe is the most rewarding aspect of being a teacher, and why? Haught said the most rewarding part of being a teacher is always seeing student’s academic and personal growth each year. They become more confident in their skills and find what interests them. It’s always fun to see and hear about students after they leave our building, what they get involved with in high school and what they choose to do after.

The biggest teaching challenge Mrs. Haught has faced is adapting to teach all grade levels, kindergarten through seniors. She said at different points in her career she has taught 7-12 computer/business classes that include kindergarten through eighth grade classes. Mrs. Haught said it’s very challenging to switch levels, but has taught her how she can be flexible and creative to tailor plans for each grade level. Although this has been her biggest challenge she also said that it is now considered a big strength of hers.

Mrs. Haught is the leader of the Andale Middle School Stuco. I asked her why she chose to take the leadership position in running the student council, and if she could describe her responsibilities and duties as a Stuco leader. Haught said our middle school team of teachers are really great about each being able to step up and lead a club or a sport. She co-sponsored with Mr. Hageman for a few years, he then helped her learn all the duties and responsibilities of Stuco. For students Stuco is a way to have a voice and make decisions about their time at AMS. Students bring concerns and wants to the table and we brainstorm with those ideas to then find the right solutions. We plan events like the end of quarter strike (behavior) parties, Red Ribbon Week, and our annual school dance. With the funds earned from the dance, students discuss and choose a need from the school/community to donate to.

In conclusion, Mrs. Haught is not just a teacher, she is also a big role model to students, and is always pushing to set her students up for future success. She truly shows her commitment to teaching each and every day. If you get the chance to have her as a teacher you are very lucky.

View Comments (1)
$225
$1000