• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

All About Kindergarten Teacher; Mrs. McFadden

Do you remember your Kindergarten Teacher? The teacher who was always the most fun and gave you snacks. Or as some of you may remember the teacher that gave you nap time, I know that that was always my favorite part. Although, I’m sure we all have many fond memories of our younger years, no matter what they may be, there are just some teachers you never forget. For me, that teacher was Mrs. McFadden. Although, Mrs. McFadden was my 1st grade teacher and has now moved to Kindergarten, I can honestly say that she played a big role in my life, even at such a young age.

Mrs. McFadden as some of you may know has been a Kindergarten teacher at Andale Elementary School for one year. Not only has McFadden taught Kindergarten though, but she has also taught all grades K-8. She has also taught at Walton Elementary in the Newton school district as a 5th grade teacher for 2 years. After Mrs. McFadden left Walton Elementary she went to teach at St. Joe, teaching grades 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8 combination classes. Mrs. McFadden started teaching at Andale Elementary in 2004 and was a 1st grade teacher for 19 years. McFadden says of all the subjects she’s taught her favorite to teach is reading. Reading is her favorite because she loves seeing the growth in her students, who only know the alphabet when they first start and can read a book by the end of the year. Mrs. McFadden loves her students and always does a great job of teaching them. But, just like everybody we all have someone big who influences us and makes us into the people that we are today. Mrs. McFadden says that the biggest influence in her life was the teachers that she had growing up, and when she was a teacher aide her senior year of high school that sealed the deal for her. Mrs. McFadden has been such a great influence in my life and I’m sure she has in many others lives too! Although she loves to teach Mrs. McFadden loves to do many other things too. McFadden says some of the hobbies she loves most are baking goodies for others and making their day by giving them a sweet treat, and also spending time with her family on the golf course.

Now that you know all about Mrs. McFadden, lets get to know her as a teacher. Just like us all, we have good and bad days, these days can consist of some of your worst and best memories. Mrs. McFadden though has many of those days through teaching, she says the thing she loves most about teaching however is making a difference in others lives.  I’m sure many of us don’t remember much from when we were in elementary school, but the life lessons some of the teachers can give, you may never forget.

So, do you remember your Kindergarten Teacher? For some of you that answer may still be no, but what about a teacher that may have changed your life. They could have changed the way you live day-to-day or the passion you have for the things you love most, whatever it may be, that teacher will always deserve a special thank you. This goes for each and every teacher out there who have inspired and shaped us to be the people we are today.