• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

Mrs. Tice: Sparking Brilliance and Shaping Tomorrow

Dena Tice (Mrs. Tice) is a teacher at Andale Middle School. Mrs. Tice has been teaching for almost 30 years now, 28 years at Colwich and two years at Andale, she teaches 6th, 7th, and 8th grade math. The reason she chose to teach was because of her dad. Mrs. Tice’s dad was a band director for the middle and high school students. She admired the way her dad taught, connected and inspired students and she wanted to have the same impact on students. Mrs. Tice also helps out when she can with extracurricular activities. She has been a Student Council sponsor and Scholar’s Bowl Coach. She also keeps score at volleyball and basketball games and helps with track meets when she can. Mrs. Tice said she enjoys seeing and supporting students as they participate in their extracurricular activities.

I asked Mrs. Tice what she appreciates most about the Renwick community and she said “there is so much to appreciate about the Renwick community. The people in these communities have high values and expectations and this reflects in our students’ work ethics in both academics and athletics. I appreciate the close knit and friendly small town communities. I am so thankful I was able to raise my children in such a safe and wonderful environment.” Mrs. Tice has a husband she has been married to for 32 years to Greg Tice she also has 3 kids, she has one grandchild and twins on the way. In her free time Mrs. Tice enjoys reading and taking long walks with her dog, Archie. Her favorite thing now though is spending as much time as possible with her grandson.

I also asked Mrs. Tice to tell me her favorite and least favorite part of being a teacher her favorite is watching students grow and learn. Because often kids think of math as a scary subject and students believe they aren’t capable of understanding it. Mrs. Tice strives everyday to make her room a welcoming place, where students aren’t fearful of making mistakes. Sitting with students and doing math is something she said she could do all day, everyday. Her least favorite part of teaching is the paper work and grading. If Mrs. Tice wasn’t a teacher she said she would probably have a job that still involves teaching in some way, she said she could also be a physical or occupational therapist as well. Her favorite memory of being a teacher is when her students leave her letters about the impact she has made on them, she said “there really isn’t much better than that.

Mrs. Tice is a dedicated teacher in our small community, known for her incredible commitment to her students’ success. Through her passion for education, she has made a significant impact on the lives of those she teaches. Mrs. Tice’s caring approach creates a supportive learning environment where students thrive and excel. Her presence in the community is a push to make a positive influence on the next generation.