• St. Marks Sprint to Success

St. Mark’s Sprint to Success

• Unlocking Success: The Journey of Michelle Shackelford

Unlocking Success: The Journey of Michelle Shackelford

• Samson and Philomena Sadiqs Journey to America

Samson and Philomena Sadiq’s Journey to America

• 8th Grade Promotion Information

8th Grade Promotion Information

• Emery Park Pond

Spring Fishing In Sedgwick County

• The Bretthauer Empire: Cutterz Lawn Care

The Bretthauer Empire: Cutterz Lawn Care

• Reflecting on a Legacy: Honoring Becky Strunks Retirement

Reflecting on a Legacy: Honoring Becky Strunk’s Retirement

Ms. Blasi’s Passion for Education

Ms. Blasis Passion for Education

Stacy Blasi has taught 5th grade at Andale elementary school, for 32 years. She has a dynamic teaching style and unwavering dedication. Stacy is a wonderful teacher, and loves teaching and helping her students learn new things. She makes lessons fun and entertaining, and cares about every student she’s had.

When asked why Ms. Blasi wanted to become a teacher she said that her fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Shishler, was AMAZING, and her sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Wolf was also a great teacher. They both inspired her to love learning and teaching even more.

Stacy’s favorite part about being involved in the school community is being able to see her students that she has previously taught. It brings her so much joy to see how they are doing. Ms. Blasi loves when her students come back and visit her. She also likes being able to see her students at sporting events and reminiscing about her favorite moments.

Ms. Blasi likes to keep her students engaged by using the marble jar. The marble jar technique is an effective way to keep students engaged and motivated in the classroom. By rewarding positive behavior and accomplishments with marbles added to the jar, students are encouraged to work together towards a common goal. This technique not only reinforces desired behaviors but also fosters a sense of teamwork among students. As the jar fills up, students are motivated to continue exhibiting positive behaviors, creating a positive reinforcement loop that enhances the overall classroom environment. If there is bad behavior, marbles get taken out of the jar. Once the jar is filled up the students get to vote on a reward and start over.

Stacy finds joy in her role as a teacher, with her favorite teaching moments stemming from the simple act of arriving at school each day. She embraces the unpredictability and variety that each day brings, recognizing that “every day is different.” She thrives on the ever-changing nature of the classroom environment, finding inspiration in the unique challenges and opportunities that arise on a daily basis.

Ms. Blasi believes that certain qualities are essential for teachers to possess in order to be effective in the classroom. These qualities include punctuality, organization, a positive personality, and a balance of being strict yet caring. Punctuality ensures that teachers are reliable and set a good example for their students. Organization helps teachers manage their time and resources efficiently, leading to a well-structured learning environment. A positive personality creates a welcoming atmosphere for students to thrive in. Being strict but loving allows teachers to maintain discipline while also showing empathy and support to their students. These qualities collectively contribute to a teacher’s ability to create a good learning environment for their students.

Stacy’s aspiration for her students extends beyond the classroom, as she hopes that they will not only achieve their goals but also push themselves to reach new heights. By instilling a sense of ambition and determination in her teaching, she aims to empower her students to strive for excellence and pursue their aspirations with confidence. Ultimately, her goal is to inspire her students to believe in their potential and to actively pursue their dreams with resilience and perseverance.

We’re very thankful for Ms. Blasi in our Renwick school district!