• Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

• Hutchinson Invitational Recap

Hutchinson Invitational Recap

• Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

Unveiling Mr. Hageman’s Career: From Inspiration to Impact

I had the privilege to interview and ask Mr. Hageman a few questions about his teaching career. I asked him seven questions, ranging from what are some of his favorite activities to do in his classroom and more about his teaching background.

Mr. Hageman has now been teaching for 18 years and started his career in education back in 2006.  One of my questions was who or what inspired him to start teaching. Hageman said that it wasn’t any particular person. Hageman said it was just that he enjoyed the idea of teaching and he felt that he had a knack for it.

Hageman currently coaches 7th & 8th grade boys/girls track as well as volleyball. 

Mr. Hageman was formerly the math teacher for Andale Middle School before the former PE teacher retired and Mr. Hageman transitioned to the new PE teacher.

As the PE teacher for the elementary and middle school Hageman said that one of his favorite parts about his class is watching students grow and get better at what they do everyday. He loves to see kids improve and become great athletes from his class and his coaching.

Hageman says that the students favorite game to play on game day in PE is “mat-ball”. While the elementary kids prefer “chaos”. “Mat-ball” is just like kickball but the bases are these big blue mats that you kick the ball and then run to. The special thing with this game is that you can choose to go either left or right unlike normal kickball.

Mr. Hageman’s favorite thing to do when he’s not teaching is wood working at home and spending time with his his five children and seven grandchildren.

One of the challenges Hageman faces is coming up with new games for the kids to play. Games that are fun for kids, but also need to involve enough physical activity that they get something out of it.

One of the things that Mr. Hageman will always remember once he reaches retirement from teaching will be all the hugs that he gets from all the little kids that he’s taught. Hageman will also miss all the times that he sees a student outside of school and how surprised that he actually leaves the school.

I formerly had Mr. Hageman as my math teacher and he is one of the most kind and helpful teachers anyone can have. His drive to make sure that everyone is doing the best they can and wants to see everyone succeed makes him an amazing teacher and an amazing person.