• Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

• Not Just a Local Restaurant, Its a Place to Make Memories

Not Just a Local Restaurant, It’s a Place to Make Memories

• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

Spreading Positivity in GPHS

Prayer Sink

Garden Plain is always looking for ways to spread positivity throughout the community. Whether it is a home football game, parades, craft fairs, or the annual Trunk of Treat on Main Street that brings everyone together. Recently, a high school student took things into her own hands and turned an everyday item people look at, into a way of spreading positive messages. The image shows a prayer sink, people wrote words of encouragement on a sticky note and stuck it to the mirror. On the mirror, you can find anything from bible verses to words of uplifting assurance. It is a great way to spend a couple minutes reading words of positive affirmations. Many people have commented on the smile that the brightly colored sticky notes have brought to their face. It also makes people smile watching the mirror grow, and soon enough it will start to overflow with new motivation.

Sophomore, Emma Nickelson says that she enjoys the mirror and if she is having a bad day she goes and visits the mirror. She has added multiple sticky notes to the mirror, and plans on adding more. Her quote reads, You are not missing out because you have different priorities than everyone else. “I chose to add my quote because I felt like I heard about how people were going through rough times, and my quote could relate to multiple people,” says Nickelson. Although the mirror is full of encouragement, her favorite phrase is, This mirror has just been blessed. Meaning that when you look in the mirror it has been blessed with your beauty.

Junior, Shelby Mies likes how the mirror motivates women and makes her happy to see the new quotes. She chose the quote, This mirror has just been blessed with your beauty. The reason she chose this quote is because she knows that a lot of girls struggle with self confidence, and wanted to give them a positive reminder. “I love the mirror, not only is it aesthetically pleasing but it also helps girls through the day,” says Mies. Another student, Emma Bakker  participated in growing the mirror because she wants to encourage people. She chose the verse, You are fearfully and wonderfully made, from Psalms 139:14. Her reasoning for choosing this quote was because she wanted to give people a daily reminder. “I feel like it is a very positive source for people and is uplifting,” said Bakker. Her favorite quote is, You did not go through all of that for nothing. They both enjoy the sink and cannot wait to see it grow.

The prayer sink was started by Abrielle Redmon, and she got the idea from seeing one of her friends start one at Maize High School. She chose to start it because she wanted to spread positivity through the school and form unity in the student body. When asked what her favorite part about the prayer sink is, she responded,” I love that when you add something you can also others are contributing to it.” Her verse of choice is from Psalms 37:5, Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and he will act. The goal for the prayer sink is to continue growing and be a reminder to the girls that the Lord is always with them and that others in this school are there for them. She has started an amazing and uplifting thing that is spreading positivity throughout GPHS.