• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

• From FFA Advisor to Ag Teacher: Nurturing the Future of Agriculture

From FFA Advisor to Ag Teacher: Nurturing the Future of Agriculture

• Teaching With Potential

Teaching With Potential

Holiday Deals

Learn about ways to save big this holiday season with our saving tips and tactics
Holiday+Deals

Did you know that Black Friday is the biggest sales day of the year? Here are some ways you can save big during this holiday season. First, if you want to keep a tight rein on your spending this holiday season, the first step is to create a budget and stick to it. Secondly, never overlook the value of DIY gifts or baked goods, they definitely save money during the holidays. For example, if you have a gardener on your gift list, try making them a terrarium, or you can try a gift card. But if you think a gift card doesn’t have that “wow” factor, try pairing it with something fun like a pop-up card from Lovepop or Etsy. Another way is, if you normally exchange gifts with a dozen family members and that puts a real dent in your budget, suggest drawing names instead. You can also consider sites like Elfster that create a digital Secret Santa for you so you don’t have to.

Some retailers only offer Cyber Monday savings, but Amazon is much more generous. The e-retailer generally offers an entire week dedicated to online savings. Amazon’s Black Friday deals begin November 17 and end November 27. Amazon.com says that you can find some of the lowest prices of the year on products such as LEGO, YETI, and Peloton. Some of the best deals at Target include a Nespresso (Nespresso Vertuo Pop+ Coffee and Espresso Machine) and a Westinghouse (Westinghouse 43″ “1080 p” Smart Roku TV) for forty dollars off. You can even score a pair of Beats (Solo Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphones) for forty percent off, which saves eighty dollars.

Walmart Black Friday Savings will open to all Walmart customers three hours later this year, at 3 p.m. EST on Nov. 8. Plus, all deals will be available in-store a few days later, on Nov. 10! If you are an employee, you get 20% off any purchase, and that doesn’t include if it’s on sale. If you are an employee or have a friend who is an employee, you can use their discount card for any purchase as long as the person borrowing your card is an unmarried child, and 19 through 22 years of age. If he or she is a full-time college student, they are also able to use your discount card.

We asked a shopping expert (also known as Mrs. Allen, a Spanish teacher at Andale High School) a few questions about Black Friday. She said, “Target is a good store to find hot deals, especially on toys”. Her favorite tactic for saving around the holidays, is buying gift cards to fast food places or restaurants when they are on sale, which can save you upwards of $10. Mrs. Allen recommends following people such as The Freebie Guy on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. He even has his own website calledThe Freebie Guy.

Some of the most popular things students want for Christmas in our Renwick Review class include, clothes, gift cards, and shoes. Brayden Spexarth said his wish list includes an Xbox and sunglasses. In the survey, most people said that they like the element of surprise, while others said they like both knowing what they are getting and the shock of getting something unexpected. As for adults we surveyed some of the presents they’d love include, tickets to a chiefs game, a new bike, shoe and fun games for their classrooms such as throw throw burrito and Taco Gato Cabra Queso Pizza. Mrs. Maury, a social studies teacher at AHS, says that she wants a new dishwasher to replace her old one. Mrs. Allen even wants some black and gold jewelry to wear to school. All of the teachers we surveyed said that they like surprises around the holidays.

We hope these tips for saving and gift ideas will help you this holiday season. Happy Holidays from Renwick Review