• Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

Wasabi: A Flavorful Journey Through Japanese Cuisine!

• Not Just a Local Restaurant, Its a Place to Make Memories

Not Just a Local Restaurant, It’s a Place to Make Memories

• Addi Raus Real Estate Internship Experience

Addi Rau’s Real Estate Internship Experience

• Behind the Scenes of Into the Woods

Fine Arts

Behind the Scenes of “Into the Woods”

• Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

Andale Sports Featuring Stanhope

• Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

Renwick Student, Noah Reichenberger Beats Cancer

• Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

Beyond the Books: The Colwich Library

• Kamplings Head Turning Dunk

Kampling’s Head Turning Dunk

• Principal Perspective

Principal Perspective

• Why Should We Sleep?

Why Should We Sleep?

A Place to Call Home

Sunflower Z Homes is a very special part of our Garden Plain community. Previously, it was known as Marjorie’s Home, named after the past owner’s mother. In 2022, Marjorie’s Home was sold to a new owner, Dawnan Zoglman. Zoglman said that her inspiration was to create a happy and safe place for folks to live. She often thinks of her own grandparents and what would be most beneficial for them. She wants to ensure that all of the folks are taken care of. 

Brooklyn Schneider, junior at Garden Plain High School, and CNA at Sunflower Z Homes, says that her favorite part of the job is “getting to see the good days”. Since Brooklyn is still in high school, she must manage her time very well, and in order to do that she ensures that she does everything one step at a time in order to not miss anything. During a normal work day for Brooklyn she starts by showing up in the evening and washing her hands, checking the laundry and dishwasher. Next, she checks in with the previous nurse to get a run down of what happened during the day. After that, she checks the to do list and starts on a few chores as well as dinner. She then helps the folks to the tables and assists them with their needs. As soon as she helps them all to bed, she finishes up some cleaning and then updates the next shift nurse aid. 

In order to be a CNA, there are hard skills you should have such as patient care, infection control, and awareness of safety. Brooklyn stated that the best advice she could give to an upcoming CNA is, “Do not let the negative weigh down the positive”. Even though some of the days can get long, her greatest inspiration is her mom. Brooklyn’s future plan is to continue in the medical field and become a NICU Nurse. 

We visited a few of the residents and asked them some fun questions. Sunflower Z Homes has surely made an impact on them as well as their way of life, for the better.