• Catching Up With Coach Steph

Sports

Catching Up With Coach Steph

• Swinging for Success

Sports

Swinging for Success

• Food So Good Youll Be Flocking To It: Slim Chickens Restaurant Review

Food So Good You’ll Be Flocking To It: Slim Chickens Restaurant Review

• Behind the Whistle: Q&A with Coach Ast

Behind the Whistle: Q&A with Coach Ast

• Brunins Family Café

Brunin’s Family Café

• Unwrapping Flavor: Chipotle Taste Test & Review Experience

Unwrapping Flavor: Chipotle Taste Test & Review Experience

• Andale Boys Secure Fourth Place with a Stellar Bowling Performance

Sports

Andale Boys Secure Fourth Place with a Stellar Bowling Performance

• Stepping Up to the Plate with Paxton Spexarth

Sports

Stepping Up to the Plate with Paxton Spexarth

• Teacher Tales: An Exclusive Interview with Mrs. Bruna

Teacher Tales: An Exclusive Interview with Mrs. Bruna

• Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

Sports

Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

Unleash The Guilt

We went around AHS and asked the Varsity basketball players what their guilty pleasure song is. What are guilty pleasure songs? Guilty pleasure songs are those catchy ones that you can’t help but like, even if no one else does. We all have that one song that you only play when you’re by yourself and don’t want to admit it’s on your playlist. 

There are so many reasons that music is good for you. Not only is it good for your brain but it can also help your body. For example, when working out listening to music it can hype you up and push yourself so you can get stronger. Music is also good for your brain and can brighten your mood. It can make you learn things faster and help you relax. Every time you listen to music your brain releases dopamine, which is the chemical that makes you happy. Plus it can improve your memory and concentration, and even make you more creative. 

Some interesting facts about music, listening to music enhances your physical performance. And there are even some beats that keep your heartbeat healthy. Music can help people in many ways and some people might not like music. Which is why we decided to go around asking them what their guilty pleasure song is or if they even have one. Multiple people listen to music to hype themselves up or If they are sad to calm themselves down or anger music can help people that are stressed too. 

Research shows that music does more than excite and hype an athlete. It activates the amygdala, which is the section of the brain that processes emotions. Have you ever seen athletes wearing headphones while warming up? Well those athletes listen to music are actually stimulating parts of the brain to heighten skills and memories.