• Catching Up With Coach Steph

Sports

Catching Up With Coach Steph

• Swinging for Success

Sports

Swinging for Success

• Food So Good Youll Be Flocking To It: Slim Chickens Restaurant Review

Food So Good You’ll Be Flocking To It: Slim Chickens Restaurant Review

• Behind the Whistle: Q&A with Coach Ast

Behind the Whistle: Q&A with Coach Ast

• Brunins Family Café

Brunin’s Family Café

• Unwrapping Flavor: Chipotle Taste Test & Review Experience

Unwrapping Flavor: Chipotle Taste Test & Review Experience

• Andale Boys Secure Fourth Place with a Stellar Bowling Performance

Sports

Andale Boys Secure Fourth Place with a Stellar Bowling Performance

• Stepping Up to the Plate with Paxton Spexarth

Sports

Stepping Up to the Plate with Paxton Spexarth

• Teacher Tales: An Exclusive Interview with Mrs. Bruna

Teacher Tales: An Exclusive Interview with Mrs. Bruna

• Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

Sports

Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

Valentine’s Day Candy Reviews

Valentine’s Day is a holiday in which candy is the highest selling product, over all. Candy outshines flowers, jewelry and other gifts like stuffed animals. The most pressing question is what are the best candies for Valentine’s Day? According to Delish, the top three candies are Sweet Tart conversation hearts, Sweet and Sour Haribo hearts, and Hershey kisses. 

Sweet Tart Conversation Hearts are little candy hearts that have messages written on them. Things like “Be mine” and “Hug me” are written on the hearts. The hearts were originally created in 1866 by Necco. They were originally used for weddings, but that changed in the early 1900s when they were used on Valentines Day. They were 40% of all Valentine’s candies sold.

Sweet and Sour Haribo Hearts have two different flavors, sweet and sour. The light pink hearts are fun sour gummies while on the other hand the dark red hearts are sweet!

I am sure you know what a Hersey Kiss is because they are a staple to a lot of holidays and celebrations. But, if you are not familiar with them, they are small drop shaped chocolates that are wrapped in tin foil. Hershey Kisses are also associated with Christmas, given to little kids in their stockings. 

In the video, Noah Stanley, Cruz Kaiser, Easton Reiger, Josie Harp, Bella Aouad, and Emmaree Baalmann try these three candies, rate them on a scale of one through ten, and say which one was their favorite. Click on the video to see their rankings! 

Valentine’s Day is a celebrated holiday that originated from the Feast of St. Valentine that was celebrated by Rome. The feast of St. Valentine was celebrated by Anglican Communion and the Lutheran Churches on February 14th. It was established by Pope Gelasius in 496 AD to honor the Christian Martyr known as St. Valentine, the patron saint of  epilepsy, beekeepers, and Terni. His day of feast is now associated with love and romance.