• Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

Greener Pastures: Transforming Landscapes with Graf Lawn Care

• Hutchinson Invitational Recap

Hutchinson Invitational Recap

• Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

Revolutionizing Metal Fabrication: The Power And Precision of CNC Plasma Cutting Machines

• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

Easter Traditions Around the World

Easter Traditions Around the World

When you think of Easter, you probably think of the Easter Bunny and candy filled eggs.  Also if you are religious this is when Jesus Christ was risen from the dead.  But have you ever stopped to think what other traditions happen around the world?  In today’s article you will discover what other Easter traditions go on around the world.

Norway- Norway has a tradition called påskekrim which translates to Easter crime.  Norwegians will read, listen, and watch crime stories and detective stories.  This tradition dates back to 1923 when two Norwegians wrote a crime novel about skiing students, cabins and Easter.  Today, Easter and crime go hand in hand, even the milk cartons come with short thrillers on them.

Sweden- Easter here in America we are more familiar with the Easter bunny as a symbol of Easter, but in Sweden the Easter bunny is more of an Easter witch.  On Easter Sunday children dress up as Easter witches and taking the streets, knocking on doors to wish residents a happy Easter, then being rewarded with candy.  Swedish children started dressing up as Easter witches in the early 19th century in western parts of the country, and over the decades the tradition spread nationwide, remaining popular until this day.

Corfu- Easter is considered one of the biggest celebrations in Greece and on their island of Corfu, they celebrate by the famous smashing of Botides.  Botides are big clay pots full of water, and on good Saturday they through these potteries off a balcony.  The tradition was adopted from the Venetians, the residents of the island banish in this way the evil and welcome Spring in Corfu.  The tradition started when the Venetians ruled the island between 14th and 18th centuries.

I only shared a couple of countries and their traditions, its only a Google search away if you’re still curious about what other countries do for the Easter season.  It is an interesting deal on seeing how other countries celebrate the holidays, making the holidays unique in there own way.