• Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

Andale/GP: Pros and Cons of The Merge

• State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

Fine Arts

State Band Results: The Highlights and Beyond

• The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

The Continued Athletic Career Of Jenna Kuepker

• Renwicks Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

Renwick’s Pride: The Inspiring Journey of Alumni Gwen Martin

• Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

Andale Youth Track; A System That Builds Athletes.

• Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

Celebrating Success Beyond Graduation with McKenzie Fairchild

• The Kansas Speedway

The Kansas Speedway

Do You Struggle With Mental Health?

Do You Struggle With Mental Health?

Mental Health is crucial for our working and functioning abilities. It affects how we think, react, and interact. It plays a significant role in how we handle stress and make choices. Maintaining good mental health is essential to living a productive life. However, mental health is a large issue around the world. Many people struggle with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and more. One in six teens 18 and under have had a major depressive episode, and one in five adults have experienced a mental health disorder.

The stigma around the mental illness is a key factor in influencing mental health issues. Certain genes may increase your risk of developing a mental illness. The main reason for mental illness is from childhood abuse or neglect. Social isolation, loneliness, bullying, poverty, or debt are also big factors in having a mental illness. Mental illness is created with a problem of the neurons failing to communicate with the brain. The level of neurotransmitter serotonin is lower in individuals who have depression. A major or traumatic event can create memory loss for that time period.

If you are struggling with mental illness you must reach out and ask for help. There are many barriers to accessing mental health programs like cost, location, time, and more. If you are embarrassed or nervous you can join text message groups and discuss your problems. There is also a suicide and crisis hotline that you can call, the number is 988. People who work on the hotline can help you relieve stress and cast away most of, if not all of the loneliness. If your mental state is reaching the point of not being able to do to everyday tasks, suicidal thoughts, or extreme lack of motivation you must let a trusted adult know so they can do what is best for you.

Many people have mental health concerns. A mental health concern becomes a mental illness when you have signs and symptoms that cause frequent stress, mood swings, or sadness repeatedly. Symptoms can be managed with medicines or therapy. Opening up about mental health is extremely important because it helps in destigmatizing the issues. You should encourage others to seek help and always be of help to others. It is just as important to maintain mental health as it is physical health.  An irregular sleep pattern can affect mental health, and mental health can affect your sleep pattern. Sleep is very crucial in developing the brain.

It is always important to be considerate of others. You may never know what is going on inside another’s mind, because many people can hide it well. It is also important to not spend too much time on social media because that also takes a big toll on the mind. Treat others how you would like to be treated and always be kind or listen when someone needs you to. Be sure to offer support to your loved ones and peers. Always remember to expect people’s boundaries and not push too far by trying to fix or diagnose their problems! Aim to be a significant impact on someones well-being and life!