• Catching Up With Coach Steph

Sports

Catching Up With Coach Steph

• Swinging for Success

Sports

Swinging for Success

• Food So Good Youll Be Flocking To It: Slim Chickens Restaurant Review

Food So Good You’ll Be Flocking To It: Slim Chickens Restaurant Review

• Behind the Whistle: Q&A with Coach Ast

Behind the Whistle: Q&A with Coach Ast

• Brunins Family Café

Brunin’s Family Café

• Unwrapping Flavor: Chipotle Taste Test & Review Experience

Unwrapping Flavor: Chipotle Taste Test & Review Experience

• Andale Boys Secure Fourth Place with a Stellar Bowling Performance

Sports

Andale Boys Secure Fourth Place with a Stellar Bowling Performance

• Stepping Up to the Plate with Paxton Spexarth

Sports

Stepping Up to the Plate with Paxton Spexarth

• Teacher Tales: An Exclusive Interview with Mrs. Bruna

Teacher Tales: An Exclusive Interview with Mrs. Bruna

• Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

Sports

Exclusive Interview with Katlyn Papadelis

The Community of Andale Wrestling

Andale High school wrestling has had a large track record of success. They’ve won KSHSAA Class 4A State in 2021 and 2023. Their success does not come without the grind and commitment of hard work! Wrestlers can have up to two practices a day and which allows them to split their training between technique and drilling/conditioning. Andale Wrestling practices five days a week, with the occasional Sunday practice and a five mile bike ride.

The mindset of AHS wrestlers has to be consistently level and confident. Simply thinking like everybody else is not an option when becoming a tough, competitive wrestler. The mindset is not just focused on competing but also maintaining quality, lean muscle mass and getting into wrestling shape, which is different from any other sport. Almost all wrestlers have had to lose weight at some point, depending on their weight class and body mass. This will ensure that they are pound for pound the strongest on the mat. Sometimes the toughest part of being an exceptional wrestler is simply maintaining weight by eating an impeccable diet and intense training throughout the season.

One thing our wrestlers could use for sure is our support for all the work they invest throughout the season. While there’s very few student sections at wrestling, it’s important for all of us to show up and support them on the Saturday tournaments, and not just at the state tournament.

One impressive thing about Andale is the “Brawlers”, a wrestling  club organized by head coaches Trent Cox, Dal Eck, and Doug Eck. Another unique thing about the Brawler coaches is that parents get to help out during practice, by the end of the season they’ve truly create their own wrestling family.  The Brawlers successful program has been around for  20 years and continues to prove what it takes to develop great athletes who value the true work and commitment it requires to be successful.

Owen Eck, a former Brawler and now Senior Andale Indian is committed to the University of Oklahoma for wrestling.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair.” -Nelson Mandela